Monday, September 30, 2013

Fried Chicken BLT Grilled Cheese

The Surgeon General ordered me to post this warning before the rest of this blog: This sandwich is SEVERELY bad for your cholesterol, triglycerides, waist line, thigh size, cellulite fighting efforts, and everything else you might be worried and/or vain about.

Oh, but it is so good.



I mean, look at that. Look at it. Who comes up with stuff like this? KFC ain't got nothing on John and me. (The chicken came from Lee's Famous Recipe, fyi.) This sandwich was largely John's idea, so I give him credit. In all honesty, I was reluctant to make the thing. I value my figure. I'm supposed to be getting in shape for a wedding! 

A bit about assembly - place mayo on one bread piece, and then cheese slices on the other piece. Set bacon on top of cheese, stick chicken to mayo. Then add tomatoes, lettuce. Try to keep the lettuce away from the heat. Look at them towering out of the fry pan! Sheesh. Was not easy to flip, but I got her done.
 I used the same pan I made the bacon in to fry the sandwiches. Dumped most of the grease out, and then wiped it down. This is a very fried sandwich, no? Fried chicken, fried bacon... Technically the grilled cheese is a type of fried sandwich. I didn't butter the outsides of my bread, but instead placed the butter slab straight into the pan. Oh, yeeeeaaaaaah. You know you want some!

I swear, I sweat grease afterward. At least no one will wonder why I've gained weight.



print recipe

Fried Chicken BLT Grilled Cheese
Buy your fried chicken, then slice it up. Much easier!
Ingredients
  • 4 slices bread
  • 1 TBS mayonaisse
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 2 leaves, shredded lettuce
  • 2 tomatoes, sliced
  • 2 breasts Fried Chicken, sliced
  • 1 TBS butter
  • 4 American cheese slices
Instructions
1. Spread mayo on 2 pieces of bread, set aside. Place cheese on the remaining two bread pieces. 
2. Fry up bacon. While its cooking, cut pre-purchased fried chicken into slices. 
3. Place fried chicken on the mayo slices, tear up bacon and set pieces down on cheese side. Set tomatoes on top of chicken, then lettuce.  
4. Set the piece of bread with the grilled cheese into pan first, letting it cook for about 30 seconds. Then carefully flip over other piece and set on top. (Truthfully, I semi-disassembled the sandwich, setting the lettuce on top of bacon, then tomatoes, then carefully set the chicken and mayo bread on top of that.)  
5. Cook about 3 minutes each side. Cut in half, and serve while still hot!
Details
Yield: 2 sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment